Sunday 8 April 2012

God Quotes



What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God. -----Eleanor Powell





You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God. ~Author Unknown





A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain





God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame. ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning





Some stand on tiptoe trying to reach God to talk to him - you try too hard, friend - drop to your knees and listen to him, he'll hear you better that way. ~Ever Garrison





If you are not as close to God as you used to be, who moved? ~Author Unknown





God is not who you think He is; He is who He says He is. –Clarice Fluitt





When God speaks he speaks so loudly that all the voices of the world seem dumb. And yet when God speaks he speaks so softly that no one hears the whisper but yourself.--Henry Drummond





It is a maxim that will endure: To truly know the living God, this begets humility. --Michael Molinos





I gave in, and admitted that God was God. --C. S. Lewis





The gods too are fond of a joke. ----Aristotle





All service ranks the same with God — With God, whose puppets, best and worst, Are we: there is no last nor first. ------ Robert Browning





Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet, Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God’s great Judgment Seat. ------Rudyard Kipling





One of the things that I picked up from my father and my mother was the sense that religion often gets in the way of God. ------Bono





I'm a religious man. I am Jewish but I believe in all religions. I believe in God and see him as an old man with a big white beard and pray to him every day for a few minutes. -----Uri Geller





I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. Mother Teresa





The highest and greatest goal that every soul has to reach is God. As everything needs renunciation, that highest goal needs the highest renunciation.





God’s in his heaven: All’s right with the world. ---Robert Browning

0 comments:

Post a Comment